Friday, January 9, 2015

The Weatherman Book Review

The Weatherman by Brooklyn Koski is a time piece about loss, grieving, young love, adventure, and survival. Set in a medieval landscape as winter and war approaches, a young servant girl and princess each fight their way through their lives to eventually overcome the odds which they face. Seems vague? I will admit, I felt too old reading this book, I found some of the historical references were off, the sire names were too modern, and the forces that were coming felt out of place.  The emotions, the way the author wrote had me in tears more than once.
My 11 year old daughter, however, rally enjoyed this and is ready for a second installment. She loved the adventure, the desire of freedom the princess seeks and the continued search for who the weatherman is.  I recommend this for the younger crowd that is dry for a step up from Dork Diaries and Diary of a Wimpy Kid.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

share