Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Hospitalization 101 part 2

After I was admitted in to the hospital I was taken up to a room. Unfortunately it was shared room. Which I didn't mind, I'm a pretty friendly person even when I'm sick and in pain. But it was another 4 or five hours before i finally saw my doctor. He was friendly and had a Brazilian accent. I was told I would be taken into surgery later that evening. Then I was left with more pain killers and told to be patient. I sat in the room with frances and chatted with her about everything. I began to notice that my roomy was calling for pain killers frequently and soon found out she had gallstones too. I don't know how long she had been there before me but I assumed awhile b/c she was cranky. About an hour before they took me out for my surgery she was told that her surgery was postponed. Because they were going to do mine. Awkward... She began crying, I felt bad, but I heard a couple of the nurses talking and found out that Surgeries on Sunday was Emergency only. Didn't exactly put me at ease knowing that I was an emergency but, was thankful non the less.  I was taken into prep and found out that one of the Nurses would be a girl I went to school with. She helped me relax and made me laugh. I was soon asleep and my surgery as we all know went well. I was told it would take about 45 min. But I woke up about 2 hours later. When I was taken back to my room the nurse was surprised that I at up on my own and was moving my feet. She told me that she wasn't used to young people doing things on their own. (She thought I was young lol) I was told how to care for my stitches and what ever they did to my belly button. I jsut wait for the thing to fall out lol like a baby... My room mate however decided that she didn't want to be around me and was hold a grudge b/c of the Doctors orders to take me first.  She was requesting to be moved. Well after the surgery I was tired and was drifting in and out of sleep. Around 10 at night my room mate had family come visit. Her kids, and granddaughter. Apparently her teenage kids were fighting over who was in charge and they had to bring the fight to the hospital instead of calling. They continued the fight into the night for about an hour. Seriously, and when they went to leave her youngest daughter started crying for mama... She was about 2 or 3 Aggie's age. Not long after that she was moved and  it was just Franny and I for the rest of the night.


Post a Comment