Saturday, October 2, 2010

To a Broken Heart

Whenever I think about a broken heart I think in return to my mother. When she left my dad she didn’t have the courage to tell him herself. He was completely left blind in the situation. She left him a note. A simple letter, I’ll never know the contents of that letter but, I remember the look in his eyes. Knowing now that I’m older it had to have been the hardest letter for her to write. Quite possibly took her days if not weeks to write.

My next thought goes to my first broken heart. Which I remember in music, first the song he sang to me almost every time we spoke.

Next I go to the great Rev. Al Green. How can you mend a broken heart? How do you indeed?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Then I just sort of stick to Al Green. From one broken heart to another. Here is what will get me through the nights of tear stained pillows and puffy eyes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

share