Monday, November 22, 2010

Dinner a go-go.

Thanksgiving has never been my favorite holiday. Granted I’ve never had a bad experience, or can associate any thing unpleasant with it. But, I don’t have any memory of my Mother fretting around fixing Thanksgiving dinner for myself and my siblings. We always went to my Grandmother’s house to eat an early dinner then left to eat another later dinner at my other Grandmother’s. Don’t get me wrong, they were great dinners. Filled with family, love, and laughs. But, I crave that memory, so this time, in light of my Brother-in-law’s untimly passing, I’ve decided that I want that memory for my own children. I began this adventure after Danny’s funeral. I was at the point where I wanted to just give up and hide until the holidays were over. I didn’t even have the urge to put up a tree and was thinking about forgetting it all together. But, then after thinking about it and sadly, watching a movie (Pieces of April) I was gonna hit it full force.

I began this small adventure with my children in mind. So, what better way to get them involved than to make decorations. I set out with banner in mind, then ended up making napkins and napkin rings! I can’t help it when I get creative sometime I can’t stop it. So far, my favorite decorations had been the family turkey. I traced the kid’s hands and Stephens’ and my own and glued them to the ack of a peanut shaped blob… It’s te cutest Turkey I’ve ever seen and the fact that it’s primarly made of my children’s ten little digits makes it all the more! I’m ready for this day! Today I’m going to sit down and write out the menu cards and go over my panrty invetory, then set out to the grocery store one last time… There will be more to follow!

Oh! I’m also thinking of keeping it all updated on my Twitter accout... So don’t forget to follow!!! I’m sure it will be an adventure!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

share