Friday, September 19, 2014

One Step Caramel Corn

So, today I made what I thought was Kettle corn. Upon eating it  I realized I had made the fastest caramel corn EVER! I tried to recreate it in a larger quantity, and failed miserably, so doing exactly what I had done the  first time my third batch came out perfectly as the first batch had. So I present to you a two serving batch of One Step Caramel Corn.

 

15289393491_265e5dbc30_o

One Step Caramel Corn

3 tbsp butter, it’s important you use butter as the caramel will not form with out the cream from it.

1/8 cup white granulated sugar

1 tsp sea salt

1/3 cup pop corn kernels.

On medium high heat, melt the butter in a large kettle. Add the sugar and salt, stir until dissolved. Add corn kernels.

15105824240_c009d95b51_o

You can either stir or shake the kettle until kernels begin to pop, add a lid, while shaking the kettle back and forth vigorously. (This keeps the pop corn from sticking to the bottom of the kettle and burning) Once the popping slows remove from the heat and stir with a large spoon or spatula to coat everything. Pour into a large bowl and enjoy!

Now as promised I’m going to make another batch, to tame the wild beasts that are my children, you know how they hold you to every little promise you make them. Winking smile

0 comments:

Post a Comment

share