Saturday, October 11, 2014

The 15 min Vegetarian Cookbook review!




Ok, let me begin with I LOVE Vegetables! So much so I was a vegetarian for three years. No joke, I can live without meat, I chose to be a vegetarian for the health benefits, I have no issues with meat consumption or animal  hunting. My one issue was when I became pregnant, my iron went out of control. No matter the amount of supplments, beans, spinach, nuts, peanut/PB I consumed I could not get it under control. After delivery it became even worse, so I had to make the decision that meat consumption was best for my health. Now, since it is a choice and I don't have to eat it everyday, I still cook a lot of our meals sans animal proteins. Cooking for the family of 8 can be a bit time consuming, ok ok, it can take up the majority of my evenings and don't get me started on holiday meals. This recipe book is awesome! I love it! I currently have it loaded on our computer and my husbands phone, my then 3 year old and 4 year old gave my kindle a bath, if you didn't know they're not water resistant. :/

It's chocked full of simple, fast and delisious recipes. One chapter is even titles Easy and Quick Recipes for Busy Mums. Boy, did they get that one right or what!!! Some of the Foods we've created that my minions have loved from this chapter are:
Avacado Scramble
Vanilla French Toast
Poached Tofu and Tomato Sauce
Cheesy Grits

There are so many more too! I love the Cheesy Dill Omlet and Grilled Tofu Steak with Kale Saute. (from the Quick and Easy Recipes for Romantic Meals section) The options seem endless, and most of the recipes are simple enough my two eldest minions have made supper from this cookbook more than once!



I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

share