Thursday, December 25, 2014

Abigail and the Jungle Adventure.

Abigail and the Jungle Adventure  by Tali Carmi,  is a sweet story about Abigail, who finds a magical bike that can take her anywhere in the world.  Reading it as an adult, I felt there needed to be   a better explanation to how, where, when. My children, however, enjoyed the whimsy and simplicity. I wanted there to be some sort  of warning  for children to remember not to hop  onto a stranger's bike. l know, I'm splitting hairs but the story was still cute. My son,5, LOVED that Abigail was visiting her grandparents as he does very often too. He liked  that she was allowed to play in the attic and giggled when the grandpa took a nap. I recommend this book for anyone who has a kid that loves to read about far off places,  adventures, and fantasy.

 
 I wish the title had been more direct and called it the rainforest or the Amazon.  I don't recall it being specified.   A more specific location with more descriptive clues would be a pleasant bonus  .My ll year old didn't seem too impressed,   but she is into more advanced reading now. My 10 year old, however enjoyed reading this to her younger siblings over and over. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

share