Thursday, December 11, 2014

Zester Review



I received this zester by chef Proven for free to try out and review. I have had several zesters/cheese graters come and go in my life. Many were little and no longer preside in my home use tho their lack of stability. I cook for a household of 8 and everything that enters my house is put to the toughest test. This zester was put to the ultimate test this past Thanksgiving Holiday. I used it for everything, I grated frozen butter for all 6 of my pie crusts, zested 5 oranges for the turkey brine, then zested three lemons for my lemon curd and lemon blueberry bars. I grated three pounds of cheddar and colby cheese for my au gratin potatoes, cheese sauce for the brussels sprouts and my baked mac n cheese. Then again on Friday we grated chocolate shavings and nutmeg to grace the tops of our white hot chocolate while we decorated our Christmas tree. My favorite features were the long length of the grater and the slightly curved handle. I was able to grate, zest, and shave with superior ease. This is by far the best little gadget that has landed in my kitchen. My 10 year old was able to handle the grater without fear of catching her hand due to the slim blades. It was a chinch to clean and is dishwasher safe. I highly recommend this not because I received it for free but because its the best I've encountered. The design allows for the pressure to be put from the zester/grater rather than the food being grated, and is slim enough so that you can go at it from practically any angle.



I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

share