Sunday, September 12, 2010

Comfort Zone

We all have it. We all prefer it. In fact, we’d be nervous wrecks with out it, our comfort zone! Mine is firmly planted in front of my sewing machine, or my notebook/sketch book. Yes I like the internet as well, but I’d hate to be planted in front of a glowing screen all day. It is however usually on and to the left of my sewing machine.  I use it as a way to pull the stress of my writing, clear my mind from the jumbles of fabric I sometimes find myself in. I am addicted to hulu.com and will usually have either one of my shows playing in the background or my iTunes. I’m famous for worrying that I’ll somehow sew my earbuds up into what ever I’m sewing. While I’m on that subject, I have accidently knit them into a project and had to unravel quite a ways to retrieve them again.

Here is where I want to begin, while I enjoy my comfort zone, prefer it actually. I don’t mind being pulled from it once in awhile. Relived actually, to still feel a thrill of change. Here recently I’ve thrust myself into the world of cheerleading and tumbling. It’s really, seriously out of my comfort zone. I’ve never been the cheer type, nor do I think I ever will be. But, for my children I’ll do anything! But, many people never leave their comfort zone, never take a step into the light of exploration. There is always something out there that you may or may not find you enjoy. So, tomorrow I implore you, take a step, or a scoot, hey jump out of your comfort zone. Try something new, nothing dangerous like eating blow fish from an amateur sushi chef, maybe try sushi for the first time! You may like it I do!!!

 

sushi-6

0 comments:

Post a Comment

share