Monday, November 3, 2014

Lost in the Tsunami Book Review

Lost in the Tsunami is a book about a worried mother on a quest to find her missing daughter. The story follows Anna as she hunts desperately for her daughter Ronnie. The story lends very little into what is happening to Ronnie and devotes too much time to descriptive lists. The amount of typos, simple as they may be should not have been over looked. The title is a bit misleading, although the story takes place at the same time and near the 2004 Indian Tsunami Ronnie is never really lost in the Tsunami. I didn't find the story line entertaining, and found myself bored with the overwhelming details. The mystery of where Ronnie is unfolds as Anna begins to believe she was a horrible mother. The end leaves little to the imagination. The story veers off too many times into other plot lines that did not lend to the main story. There is one point where Ronnie learns of an incident while her daughter was in LA living near her father, and how they become estranged. While her father is only a voice on the other side of a phone to Anna once or twice, I don't think it needed to be explained and only added to my annoyance and boredom of the story. I'm sorry, I think it needs to be edited a second time for typos or translation. It has potential with more tweeking and thought.

 I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

share