Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Garlic Press Review


I received my garlic press and peeler from Alpha Grillers today, and as soon as I washed it I knew I had to try it out right away.
As you can tell I had chubby little hand helping
This peeler has some serious weight behind it, making the pressing part easier. The peeler, is made of silicon, if I understand correctly, you just slip in your garlic clove press it between the palms of your hands and rolls it rapidly, then voilĂ , your garlic is peeled. I can't say that this was a faster way than cutting and peeling with your fingers but it certainly was easier. I know I'll rest easier knowing that my children's fingers will be that much safer when helping on the kitchen, added bonus they'll have fun with this gadget too.




The press itself was so much easier to use than I had anticipated. Just put your clove in the press and clamp down, squeeze or press. Your left with evenly minced garlic. Prefect for recipes such as my brown butter garlic toast.





The people at Alpha Grillers even thought about how to make clean up easier by making the press half rotate outward so you can wipe all edges.




All pieces are dishwasher safe too, so once I get my new dishwasher installed, (there's a huge hint to the hubs) I'll be sitting pretty. I couldn't be more pleased with this press unless it were laser engraved with The Doctors name in Galifrayien, but that's just nitpicking.

You can get my Brown Butter Garlic Toast recipe here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

share